Our Staff - Email and phone number to each dept. head.
Friends of EOPL - Make a difference. Join our Friends group.
Library Newsletter - PDFs of our monthly Gazette. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
Library Policies - The boring stuff but you have a right to know.
Gifts, Donations and Memorials
The Library shall accept or reject gifts within the scope and limitations of the New Jersey Statutes.
- The Library Director shall be the agent and administrator for all gifts accepted by the Library.
- Money gifts, gifts of stocks, bonds, endowments, estates, land, etc., will be accepted providing
conditions of such gifts are acceptable to the Library Board of Trustees.
- Special memorial gifts of books or other Library materials may be accepted and appropriate notation
placed on them at the discretion of the Library Director. All gifts of books are to be handled
within the guidelines of the Material Selection Policy.
Limitations on Gifts
- The Library will not accept for deposit materials which are not outright gifts.
- Gifts of personal property, art objects, portraits, antiques, and other museum-type objects are not
generally considered acceptable gifts for a Library, and the Library Board and Library Director
shall feel under no obligation to accept such offerings.
- The appraising of a gift to a Library for tax purposes is the responsibility of the donor since it is the
donor who requires an appraisal, not the Library, but the Library may make arrangements for and
suggestions concerning appraisals.
- The Library should at all times protect the interests of its donors as best it can and should suggest
the desirability of appraisals whenever such a suggestion would be in order.
- The acceptance of a gift which has been appraised by a third and disinterested party does not in any
way imply an endorsement of the appraisal by the Library.
- The cost of the appraisal should ordinarily be borne by the donor.
- A Librarian may act as an independent appraiser of Library materials without in any way suggesting that
his/her appraisal is endorsed by the Library (such as the use of the Library's letterhead).
Approved by the Board of Trustees on 5/9/02.